YouTube Playlist - Surveying & Construction
12d Model is a complete surveying package providing the tools to manage all facets of surveyed data including LIDAR, topographical, as-built, conformance, traversing, geodetics, data mapping, labelling and much more.
The Survey module is the ‘Best in Class’ tool for the topographic, cadastral or engineering surveyor who demands better productivity while downloading, checking and editing field information.
12d Survey allows direct upload and download to all major surveying instruments.
Users are able to reduce survey data, apply adjustments and transformations, create and label subdivision (estate) lots, create traverse spreadsheets, and create and upload set out data.
The highest standards for management and manipulation for the surveyor’s co-ordinate systems are available to users through 12d Model Survey.
Manage, manipulate and move survey data to position within local and global systems.
- Handle complex networks and adjustments using 12d Model’s traverse editor.
- Adjustment method options - Transit, Bowditch, Crandall, Compass or Least Squares.
- Utilise solar and star reductions without requiring almanac details.
- Geodetic interactive reporting of longitude and latitude, easting and northing, projection bearing and distance, and ellipsoid distance. Full geodetic calculations.
- Zone to Zone and general conversions between Latitude/Longitude and Universal Transverse Mercator (UTM) projections, Transverse Mercator and most other projections.
- Global transformation methods - affine, 2D and 3D Helmert, seven parameters and NTv2 Grids. These include converting between different co-ordinates systems all over the global.
- Elevation (height) adjustments including a simple constant, user defined planes or different surfaces
YouTube Playlist - 12d Field
Since the release of 12d Model 9 in 2008, surveyors and engineers have had the option to add further functionality with the increasingly powerful 12d Field.
This module provides direct control of Motorised Total Station Theodolites and direct feed of GNSS position data, live on screen using daylight readable PC Tablet technology.The 12d Field option runs on a ruggedised tablet and gives the user access to full 12d Model functionality, allowing you to take the entire project into the field with the most comprehensive pick-up and set-out tools.
Raw surveyed data from the instrument is downloaded via serial cable or PC card and converted to 12d Model’s ‘Field File’, ready for reduction.
- Measurements can be checked, edited and adjustments applied to field data.
- 12d’s mapping file, automatically sets string/point properties.
- Based on field coding the mapping file, 12d Survey, strings points, applies attributes, line styles, symbols, colours, solid fills, line weights and text labelling to all surveyed features, data can also be separated onto different models (layers).
- Field Templating is supported, allowing dramatic increases in field productivity.
- 12d Models Field File provides an audit trail for Quality Assurance.
12d Model keeps track of all of the raw data that is captured by the survey instrument and this can be downloaded at any point in time. This is especially useful to either comply with or exceed regulatory standards relating to data auditing.
12d Model keeps track of SDR edits and formats for users so that authorities have a complete record of where the data came from.
12d Field includes two key features: Setout and Pickup.
12d Field has been developed to enable surveyors and engineers to use both GNSS and Total Stations with the same software that is used in the office to design and finalise projects.
12d Field Setout has been developed to enable surveyors and engineers to set out (using both GPS and TPS instruments) for construction projects.
- Single String Set Out: Enabling any position along an identified string to be set out
- Batter Set Out: Conventional batter set out plus additional computer batter set out from any chosen element
- Basic Pickup: Enabling all topographical/as-built survey pick up needs to user defined styles
- TIN Set Out Set: out anywhere on the digital terrain model (TIN)
- Crossfall Set Out: Set out crossfall from any chosen control data location
- Point Set Out: Set out data in your project at a given existing or designed point
- Grid Set Out: Set, create, offset any part of the grid for set out
- Tunnel Set Out: Identify tunnel points/strings/positions to set out
Automate the production of reports and drawings (plans, cross-sections and long-sections) and reduce drafting times.