12d Solutions is a software developer specialising in civil engineering and surveying solutions.
Founded in Australia by Lee Gregory and Alan Gray, the first version of 12d Model was released in 1991, both visionaries had worked in the industry for many years and found that the solutions on offer simply were not the most user friendly and that a true customer focus was lacking.
Today, we are proud to say that 12d Model is used in over 65 countries worldwide and our licenses are still growing. It is a solution that can be used by small businesses and individual consultants, through to large organisations.
Managing Director: Dr Lee Gregory
12d Solutions is headed by co-founder and Managing Director Dr Lee Gregory.
Dr Gregory has been at the forefront of the technical computing industries for over 25 years. His experience includes:
- defining, co-ordinating and managing computer projects for companies in engineering, mining, mapping and computer-aided design
- developing computer-aided design and drafting applications
- designing and implementing databases for geological applications, civil engineering, accounting, costing and graphics systems
- managing data communications and computer networks
- organising customer support, training courses and seminars.
When establishing 12d Solutions, Dr Gregory and co-founder Alan Gray, shared a vision – to develop advanced terrain modelling and design software in partnership with civil engineers and surveyors to ensure the software delivered the best-possible range of features and interfaces.
At 12d Solutions, Dr Gregory has been involved in all aspects of the specification and design of the company’s major software product, 12d Model.
Dr Gregory holds a Ph.D. and M.Sc in Mathematics, and a B.Sc (Hons), from Sydney University.
Technical Director: Mr Alan Gray
Mr Alan Gray joined Dr Gregory to establish 4d Solutions Pty Ltd (and now 12d Solutions) in 1988.
The two men shared a vision -- to develop advanced terrain modelling software in partnership with civil engineers and surveyors to ensure the software delivered the best-possible range of features and interfaces.
Mr Gray holds a Bachelor of Civil Engineering from the Queensland Institute of Technology. He has worked in the computer industry for 20 years. During this time he has designed and written a wide range of software including:
- graphical user interfaces
- triangulation and surface modelling programs
- plotting software and plotter drivers
- computer-aided design applications
- macro languages
Major projects completed by Mr Gray, prior to establishing 12d Solutions, include development of a computer program that calculated the sight distance of rural roads taking into account the terrain, the horizontal geometry and the vertical geometry, and development of RDX, a graphical front end to Queensland’s REDS road design system.